Monday, January 19, 2009

Puttying is like a relationship: it doesnt always go the way you want it, but if you do go for it, the results can be very satisfying :P

Did a bunch of assembly work the past couple of days: firstly concentrated on the attack bike sidecar. I'm still not yet sold on the cut-up legs I did for the passenger, though I'm taking my pace. If I hasten it, it'll become a 'chore' for me and it's gonna take out the fun in this aspect of the hobby (main reason why it takes me 2-3 days just to paint a single figure, rank-and-file or otherwise). Too much tasks for the sidecar to list here

But...
The (2iC) for the tactical squad is ready for painting (again have to wait on that tho till I finish assembly of other models for batch spraying). That single ornament on the left greave became the crux of the figure

Hmmm... I also need to cast/do an army badge... oh well...

Corbulo, Ayayayayay... for one I'm talking about his greave ornaments: winged blood drop on both greaves... Kinda done with them: the putty is curing at the moment and have to revisit it later to get the edges right. Also did the final touches on his badge-of-office right pouldron.

Still about Corbs: I have yet to get over his Red Grail wargear: the 'counts-as' piece of equipment I did doesnt bling much to me anymore, so I might go back to that cup I made back then (I still have it somewhere havent I? )

Here're the pics:

^this pic was taken earlier, evident on the lack of wings at greave ornament on my WIP Corbs (lower left)

No comments:

Post a Comment